Year: 2020 | Month: December | Volume 6 | Issue 2

Awareness Level of Farm Youth on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Tools in Tiruvannamalai District of Tamil Nadu

DOI:10.30954/2454-4132.2.2020.3

Abstract:

Indian agriculture is dominated by small and marginal farmers whose education is weak and majority of are often unable to access information that could increase yield for their crop. The government has a huge research and development infrastructure in the form of institutions such as the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Agricultural Universities and Krishi Vigyan Kendra’s (KVKs) and other institutes, but today these institutions are facing many constraints in mobility of technological staffs for transfer of technological information at the village level. There has been no significant technology innovation, which could give a fresh impetus to agricultural productivity. Insufficient extension services and poor access to information further widen the gap in the adoption of technology and lead to poor productivity levels; in fact information is critical to the social and economic activities that comprise the development process and right information at right time will play a crucial role for development of Indian agriculture. Here comes the role of ICTs, which are powerful and productive with new ideas, methods of the technology dissemination and further improving the knowledge and information among the society. In recent years, there is visible shift from the old ways to the modern ways of information delivery system. (ICT) has become a powerful tool for improving the delivery service and enhancing local development opportunities. The study was taken up in Tiruvannamalai district of Tamil Nadu. A total sample size of 120 farm youth were selected. The collected data were analysed with the help of SPSS software. The results indicated that majority of the farm youth (56.67 per cent) were aware the ICT tools. The remaining (43.33 per cent) were not aware the ICT tools.





Print This Article Email This Article to Your Friend

@International Journal of Inclusive Development(IJID)| Printed by New Delhi Publishers

840026 - Visitors since December 11, 2019